Saturday, March 29, 2008

Black Magic Gift Bag


I particularly don't like to call this coloring technique "black magic" first of all because it's not magic. It's very simple and worthwhile once you do all the steps. So here it goes...
you'll need a bold stamp set, white craft ink, black paper, color pencils (water color, pure color, or try metallic for an awesome effect i'm sure!), and a gel pen. So what you do is stamp your bold image in white and stamp on to your black paper. Let dry or dry with heat tool to save time. Then you color on top of the white part of your image. You can leave bits of white showing through the color so it will have a highlighted effect. Next, outline the image with your gel pen. I mean, really have at it! Add extra lines, dots whatever your artistic heart desires. This is what makes the image REALLY pop! Last, what I did here is cut it out and used it where I thought it looked best. And there you have it...
For the bag part of the project, I just cut a cheap lunch bag to be 6 inches high and cut a 6 x 6 piece of textured cardstock, decorated it with punches and my images and adhered to both sides of the bag. I punched two small holes on each side of the bag and put twine through for my handle and voila...it's cute and i'm satisfied with the outcome. I will be making these again, and again, and again....

No comments: