Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Mom's Sour Cream Container

Hey ladies, so here is what we are going to be doing for our next workshop. Lately, I've been wanting to do "fancy" tags. I wanted it to not only be a tag, but I wanted to be able to take it off and use it as a book mark. I've noticed that just because I'm not a big reader, LOTS of other people are. So here you go... This is a closer look at how I used the hardware, and how I tied the ribbon. You can't see here, but I had a lot of stuff go through to the back so I had to use dimensionals and put another piece of brown card stock to cover all the stuff on the back. I really like how it made the tag feel. It's thick! It is a piece that someone would not mind using over and over.

And in this pic you could see the word MOM and how I played with that so it could look distressed. I rubbed the edges of the whole tag across the chocolate chip ink pad and I scribbled around the letters with SU's white gel pen. I used the crop-a-dile very gently and pushed up some dots with the eyelet setter. Then I rubbed the ink pad over that part also and scribbled around those bumps as well. Obviously, I did all the stamping parts before I assembled the pieces together. But you all know this...I hope you like it. If not, you will be able to show me your own creation on Sat, April 26. BTW, space is limited so RSVP ASAP! :)

No comments: