Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Few Cards

Here is the first card that I'm going to show you. I absolutely love these colors and the layout. I loved it so much that I demonstrated it at 2 of my workshops! We used SU real red, basic grey and whisper white cs; SU Spring Break designer paper; SU pumpkin pie 1/4" grosgrain ribbon; SU white craft ink, only orange and real red classic ink; SU scallop circle punch and 1" circle punch; Tombow adhesive for the SU Dazzling Diamonds; Boho Backgrounds and Warm Words stamp sets; and last but not least...uni-ball Signo Gel Pen. Whew! I wonder who made it all the way through that list...:) It's kinda hard to tell but we used SU dimensionals to layer the scallop design. And of course, the over-do-it-with-gel (which might turn out to be a signature of mine), is demonstrated and taken advantage of here on this bold and beautiful card. And let me tell you, it's not me, it's the SU product that makes the card so beatiful.
Okay, in this one, I was trying different ways to get the SU Fine Cosmo glitter to stick. This card shows how I just stripped SNAIL adhesive across and poured some glitter over it, shook it off, and voila! Finished it off with a rub-on sentiment...
Here's another I am making for a set of general cards to give to my mother in law. The previous one is also part of the set. I don't know what I was thinking when I made this one. I do know though that being general is kinda hard. It's so much easier to be creative when I am being specific and personal. Angie told me to keep it simple and general. I'll show you a few more later that goes along with this set of 6.
This next one is not simple! I am very happy with the way this came out. I don't know who the person will be but I do know that Claudia from work asked very specifically to make 6 special cards. How exciting! So I have not been holding back. I have a friend at work named Sherry, I may have mentioned her already, and she is so inspiring and creative and FUNNY! I've known her for years and when I mentioned that I was going to start selling SU product...oh she about fell over! She didn't even know that I was in a stamp club, I didn't know that she was interested. I knew that she did a little of everything but finally I told her. We have been learning new things and finding out what we like to see in a card ever since...

So that's about it for today. Stop by again soon cause I'll be posting the rest of Angie's general cards and 2 more of Claudia's Special set. Thanks for looking....

No comments: